Friday, May 17, 2013

Kids Say the Funniest Things


A member of our elementary staff at the school recently got married. As a wedding gift, I decided to create a book about “What students think about marriage”. I asked all of our elementary students to answer 3 questions about marriage, knowing that their answers would mostly likely prove entertaining. The students did not disappoint.  Some of their answers were priceless and will hopefully provide the teacher and her husband with some giggles and laughs for years to come.

Those of us with kids know that they can say the funniest things at times (and yes, sometimes the WRONG times). The pages of Facebook are filled with moms who just have to share the latest quote.  As an educator and mom, I am surrounded by children daily, and I know I can always count on a funny remark or question just when I need it the most. Am I the only one who vows to start writing them down and can never find the time? Thankfully, some people HAVE written them down for us to enjoy.  

Join me in a good laugh and read some of the stories I came across today on http://www.parentsconnect.com/parents/humor/kids-say-darndest-things.html
 
  • I am pregnant with baby number three right now, and my 3-year-old asked if I ate the baby that is growing in my belly.
  •  ·         When I was preparing my 4-year-old nephew’s bath once, he said “So you bought this bubble bath for me?” I replied, “Yes, just for you!” and he said, “Thank you! I'm gonna have to buy you some bubble shower!”
  • “Jesus, please let me have some more ice cream. Amen."
  • My daughter said she was done with school and that she knew everything she needed to know. So I asked her what the capital of Kentucky was. She thought for a minute and then she said the capital of Kentucky is a K.
  •  I was opening up a new trash bag when I saw my 4-year-old daughter trying to pick a fight with her brother. I walked over to them (with the garbage bag still in my hand) and my daughter gasped and said, "You're going to throw me away?!?"
  • While talking to my husband, my 3-year-old interrupted and starting talking, too. I asked her to wait since I could only listen to one person at a time. She said, "but mommy, you have 2 ears!
  • My son was sitting on my lap and pointed to my chin and said: "1, 2, 3, 4." I said: "What are you doing?" He said: "Oh, just counting your chins. You have four."

  • My 3-year-old told the doctor, “Will you please stop talking? I can't hear my game.”
  • My daughter opened up a pair of shoes that were given to her for her birthday, sniffed them, and said: "They smell like they came from Payless."
  • My 7-year-old excitedly shared a plan to come up with money for a trip to Disney: "You and Dad can work harder and get more money!"
What a blessing children are in our lives! I am so grateful to God for the simple joy these stories bring.  If you have some of your own funny stories to share, feel free to comment here!
____________________________________________________________________________________

Psalm 127:3-5 NIV
Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 8:2 NIV
From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise because of your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger.

No comments:

Post a Comment